2020 Fall Course Schedule
All courses are taught in a hybrid environment, both in-person and online. For those that choose to attend in person, courses will be taught at Ocean County Police Academy in Lakewood, NJ.
To register, please click on a course below.
- October 13-15 - HyperDrive Narcotics Investigation (3 day course) $475
To properly and safely run drug investigation cases from beginning to the courtroom. Limited Seating, in-person only.
- October 22 - Liquor License Investigation $189
This course is designed to prevent corruption in the sale or transfer of liquor license.
- October 27 - Internal Affairs Investigations $229
This course provides the foundation for conducting fair, professional and objective IA Investigations.
- October 28 - Advanced Street Interview $179
This course teaches various techniques to enable the officer to gain information and determine the accuracy of it during roadside interview.
- November 10 - Pre-Employment Background Investigations $189
Conducting a thorough and complete background investigation is one of the best ways to prevent future problems in your agency. Once a person is hired the process to remove them can be arduous and costly.
- November 12-13 - Supervision, Leadership and Mentoring (2 day course) $299
This 2-day course is designed to prepare the newly promoted Sergeant or Lieutenant to better serve the officers in their command.
- November 19-20 - Verbal De-Escalation and Crisis Intervention (2 day course) $249
This course prepares students to assess, contain and diffuse crisis situations using words before weapons.
- November 23 - Patrol Tactics and Intro to Hidden Compartments $179
Officers learn how to go beyond ticket writing to making quality criminal cases.
- November 30-December 1 - Field Training Officer (2 day course) $299
To effectively train and mentor a recruit to conduct themselves safely and professionally as a police officer.
- December 3 - Juvenile Investigation $189
Proper handling of incidents involving juveniles is essential. Whether involved as suspects, victims or witnesses, these cases represent a special set of issues and proper police response is critical.
- December 7-8 - Criminal Investigation (2 day course) $299
Designed to enhance and/or upgrade the skills of investigative personnel. Due to the hands-on elements of this class, only in-person seats are available.
- December 10-11 - Interview & Interrogation (2 day course) $299
This 2 day course teaches various techniques to enable the officer to gain information and determine the accuracy of it during interview and interrogation processes. In-Person recommended.